Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Garlic-Herb Pasta

Pin It Now!
This was dinner the other night.  I enjoyed the light flavor of garlic and basil together with fresh tomatoes.  This can be prepared meatless or with chicken.  Because I am a garlic lover, I increased the amount of garlic I added from 5 cloves to 7.  I also decided that the next time I make this dish, I will use 6 tablespoons of basil opposed to 3 tablespoons of parsley and 3 tablespoons of basil.  I prefer the flavor of the basil in this recipe.  This recipe originates from Southern Living's April 2007 edition.






Ingredients
8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds plum tomatoes, cut into eighths
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
3 tablespoons thinly sliced or chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese 
*Diced chicken breast

1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Place pasta in a serving bowl, and keep warm.
* While the pasta is cooking, prepare the chicken.  Season with salt and pepper and saute for for about 4 minutes or until cooked through.

2. Sauté garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated and tomatoes release juices. Pour over pasta; toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
*I add the pasta to the sauce and stir to combine.  I also wait to add the cheese until after I serve it on plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or suggestions here for other readers.